New Location for 2020!
IRONMAN OUTDOOR CURLING BONSPIEL COMMITTEE PLANS FOR 19TH YEAR, NEW LOCATION FOR THE LARGEST OUTDOOR BONSPIEL IN CANADA
December 20, 2019 (Winnipeg, Man.) – The Ironman Outdoor Curling Bonspiel proudly presented by Cambrian Excavators Ltd. officially announces a new location for 2020 – Memorial Park, Winnipeg, Man. We are excited to partner with the Manitoba 150 Host committee, the Province of Manitoba and the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ to bring curling to a historic location. Manitoba has a rich and storied history of curling, with outdoor curling a part of that history. Registration is open with a portion of registration going to the Heart and Stroke Foundation. The bonspiel is the longest running Heart and Stroke event in Manitoba. The event will be held at the Memorial Park next to the Manitoba Legislature Feb. 7 to 9, 2020 instead of on the Red River over the past winters.
In the last 18 years, the event has raised over $117,949 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. This year, the committee has set a fundraising goal of $25,000. Our Honouree is John Candy who passed away from a heart attack 25 years ago. The bonspiel has set a goal of 72 teams. Event is free to the public to watch.
Highlights for the 2020 event:
- Introduction by the Candy family and a John Candy movie to be shown during the bonspiel. All funds will be donated on behalf of the Candy family to Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Largest outdoor curling bonspiel in Canada
- Custom Curling Jackets to the Ironman Champions from Dynasty Curling Apparel (worth $600.00)
- 8 curling sheets with dual purposed family division sheets
- Already registered for 2020 are teams from Alberta, Saskatchewan and California
Registration for the Ironman Outdoor Curling Bonspiel proudly presented by Cambrian Excavators Ltd. opened Oct. 1. Teams can register online at ironmancurling.com or call 204-831-8816 for assistance.