What’s In An Ironman Curling Team Name?!
At Ironman Curling we appreciate and enjoy creative expression. It’s what sets our event apart from a regular bonspiel. Similarly, we want to show respect to the charity we represent, the Heart and Stroke Foundation. As well honour the efforts of our volunteers and commitments made by our sponsors and partners.
There seems to be a common theme of naming teams with rocks, ice and cold. While this is appreciated, you have the opportunity and potential to be fresh and original. We encourage you to take some extra time to think about what your team is all about.
The best team names are 1-2 words in length, here are a few thought-starters:
- Places you currently or previously lived, neighborhoods, province, or country
- Type of drinks you enjoy or the food you like best
- Your favorite sports team – either local, national, or international
- Movies, actors, or characters you admore
- A person or family member that you wish to honour
- Your business or company (perhaps you would consider becoming an event sponsor?)
- Colours or shapes
The number of ideas are endless. Discuss this with your team, have fun choosing the right name for your team.
At the end of the day your team name should reflect the character of the group. You are curling to have a enjoyable time and you should be proud of your team name.
If you select a team name, but you came up with a better name that captures your spirit, it can be changed until registrations closes.
Unfortunately if the Ironman Outdoor Curling Bonspiel committee feels a team name is inappropriate the team will respectfully ask the team to change its name. Thank you for your understanding.