The success of Ironman Outdoor Curling bonspiel hinges on the cohesive efforts of a dedicated community of volunteers working together in harmony.
Become an Event Volunteer
Are interested in joining us for a weekend of thrilling matches, camaraderie, and fun as we host this prestigious annual event, then we need your help to make our event a roaring success! Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or a first-time volunteer, your passion and dedication are what make this event truly spectacular. From ice-making to maintenance, there’s a role for everyone. Be part of the action, and let’s sweep, slide, and shout our way to an unforgettable weekend.
Our hard-working volunteers receive:
- Pre-event brunch
- Complimentary (single) curling registration
- Some swag
- Post-event volunteer party
Sign up today and be a vital part of the Ironman Curling Bonspiel team!
Volunteer with our Organizing Committee
The organization committee meets once per month from September to December, with two meetings in January as we get closer to the event, and twice after the event. Our meetings are approximately 2 hours long and include snacks & refreshments.
Every member contributes their unique skills and experience to the organization, which is exactly what makes our event so great!
We are now recruiting for the following committee positions:
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Confirm all returning volunteers each season
- Post ads for any new volunteers needed
- Communicate updates with our I.T. team
- Coordinate a pre-event Volunteer Brunch (a week before the event)
- Schedule Volunteers for over the event weekend
- Coordinate a post-event Volunteer Windup (approximately one month after the event)
- Sponsorship Coordinator
- Confirm all returning sponsors each season
- Send sponsor invoices
- Confirm sponsor media is up to date
- Make table toppers for event
- Put up sponsor signage at event
- Look after sponsors during event
- Social Media & Marketing Assistant
- Work with the Media Coordinator
- Monitor social media platforms
- Market the event on social media
- Registration Coordinator
- Assist new teams with any sign-up issues
- Assist new teams with any payment issues
- Approve registered team names
- Website Manager
- Update website code as required
If you think you have what it takes to be involved with the Ironman Curling organization committee, we would love to hear from you!